Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Day 2

The hardest part about detoxing right now is that there are still leftover Christmas goodies at my house.  Which translates to SUGAR.  I am the first to admit that I have sugar addiction.  Why don't I just throw it away?  There is another part of me that is stubborn and determined to do this, no matter what the temptation.  I will be strong.  (Hopefully this attitude lasts the month!)

As for what I am eating today, nothing terribly exciting.

This morning started with a warm cup of water with lemon.  This is actually a new habit I am trying to form with the detox.  If you want more information on lemon water, this is an article that has motivated me to add this easy step:  http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-4769/Why-You-Should-Drink-Warm-Water-Lemon.html

For breakfast, I had a large glass of green smoothie.  I will add our "family recipe" to the breakfast recipe page.  We have been doing some form of green smoothie for breakfast fairly consistently now for probably 4 years.

Lunch was some leftover chicken from last night and a sweet potato, with an apple for dessert.

Dinner, while it hasn't happened yet, will be at Chipotle.  I plan on having a salad, with brown rice, black beans, pico, medium salsa, and guacamole.  This is actually my favorite thing to order at Chipotle.  Looking forward to it :)

And today I also went walking with my friend.  We walked for about 45 minutes, logging about 3 miles on my fitbit. 

Two days in, so far so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment