Saturday, January 11, 2014

Day 5

Posting this in the AM of day 6, but it will have to do.  I will post again later today for day 6.

Day 5 was almost a deal breaker, but I held on pretty well.  Talk about cravings though!  What I really wanted today was a huge piece of chocolate gooey-ness.  If anyone had had a tray of brownies around, then I don't know what would have happened! 

For breakfast, I had the usual smoothie.  I forgot to do lemon water, which I will go back to today.

But then I went into the office (software company) and there were 3 boxes of Krispy Kreme donuts sitting there.  I did not partake.  But for the record, I think companies should not make a habit of doing this.  My company provides breakfast treats each and every Friday morning.  It's not a treat, it's more of a habit (and a bad one at that!).

Lunch was leftovers.  Salmon, brown rice and green beans.

I was starving around 4:00 (and this is where the chocolate gooey-ness craving started), so I had a bowl of GF cereal with a small handful of raisins and walnuts and almond milk.  I think I need to keep an eye on hunger pangs. 

Dinner was at Mangia's Pizza.  Watching everyone else eat their pizza was hard, but I had a nice salad with some grilled chicken.

Then we went to my oldest's basketball game.  They won!

After the game, I was feeling the hunger pangs again.  So I came home and I made my favorite chocolate smoothie.  I will post the recipe later today.

And now we are to the weekend.  I need to go to the store.  I need to prepare some healthy snacks.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment