Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Day 9

First, I must acknowledge that my youngest pointed out to me that the recipes I was posting were not there.  So thanks to him, I added that little bit of joy to the blog.  Not that the recipes I have mentioned are all there, but they will be. 

This blogging thing has been an interesting experience.  I feel like the most boring person in the world typing it up, yet on some strange level I find it cathartic.  I don't even know if anyone is reading, which is fine, too.  Even if its just me, myself and I, who could refuse that audience?

I also feel like the world's most boring blogger.  I read friend's blogs, which there are a good number that do.  They talk about food, kids, family, travels, etc.  Here I am talking about what I am eating.  Ah well.  Its only for a month.  And then I can reassess what I want to do with this whole blogging thing.

So let's do the food thing.  It's Tuesday.  So school morning are pretty routine.  I had a large glass of green smoothie and a 3 mile walk with my friend. 

Lunch was leftovers today, which included quinoa with spinach, green beans, and one slice of barbecue turkey.  Dessert was a banana with almond butter.

Dinner will be a vegetarian salad at Chipotle. Lettuce, guacamole, pico, salsa, brown rice and black beans.  Really, its good.  Try it some time if you don't believe me. 

Speaking of walking 3 miles.  I got myself a FitBit Zip for Christmas.  I also got one for my husband and my parents.  It has provided some rather enlightening realizations about myself.  I always considered myself a pretty active and healthy person.  And I still like to believe I am in that category!  But the FitBit is tending to show me that I need to be more active.  The goal is 10,000 steps a day, which is roughly 5 miles.  There are days I only get about 3,000 steps.  So I am making a more conscious effort to get those steps in.  Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment