Monday, January 6, 2014

The Preamble

Today, I am starting a one month detox.  If you would like to join me or simply follow along, I offer up my first attempt at blogging.  I will do my best to make daily updates with what I am eating and how I am doing.  To be honest, the blog is really just for personal accountability.  Even if there are no followers, just knowing it is public will at least make me feel a little guilty for cheating.

So what exactly will I be doing this month? 

My nutritionist friend Jennifer talked me into doing a detox program back in October.  While I consider myself pretty healthy, I found the detox to be somewhat enlightening.  But I am not following any program this time.  I am just diving in.

The things that I will NOT eat/drink for the next month:
  • Sugar.  I will occasionally enjoy a modest amount of sweetener.  At these times I will use maple syrup, honey, or coconut sugar.
  • Wheat. 
  • Dairy.
  • Corn.
  • White potatoes.
  • White rice.
  • Coffee.  A no brainer for me, because I can't stand the stuff.
  • Alcohol.  Again, not a stretch.  Stuff gives me awful headaches, so I already avoid it.
  • Sodas.  Gave them up some 13 years ago.
  • Artificial sweeteners.  Yuck.
The things I WILL eat/drink for the next month:
  • Lots and lots and lots of water.
  • Plenty of fruits & vegetables.
  • Nuts.
  • Beans.
  • Healthy oils such as olive oil and coconut oil.
  • Gluten-free grains.
  • Fish & fowl, from as healthy sources as possible.








No comments:

Post a Comment