Saturday, January 11, 2014

Day 6

Another day in on the detox thing.  I think that this feels more like an "eat better" thing than a detox.  Just saying detox would imply that I am getting rid of bad things in my body.  And while that is probably happening, I think eating more whole foods and home prepared food is ultimately just better for me.  Cutting out wheat, dairy and eggs  eliminates a lot of allergens.  And eliminating sugar, or severely limiting it in any case, will help regulate those highs and lows that come with eating sweets.

It seems like it has been easier this go around than it was in October.  I don't really know why that is.  Perhaps it's because I knew more what to expect? Or just because I am doing this by myself, for myself (no rebellious nature to fight with).  I realize  I am only 6 days in, still a long way to go.  So I won't say anymore on it.

So breakfast was a smoothie.
Lunch was a salad with salmon.
Snacking today way my version of a nutty bar, which I posted in snacks.
Dinner was bbq'd chicken, sweet potato and asparagus.

And so it continues...


No comments:

Post a Comment